Subject: Warp transputor & LightEngine (was Raptor 2 MIP chips?)
From: ED JAKOBER <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 1994 10:31:52 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 7 Jul 1994, Scott Bragg wrote:                                        
>                                                                             
>                                                                             
>On Wed, 6 Jul 1994, Dave Carlton wrote:                                      
>                                                                             
>> > Why? The same company does both products.                                
>>                                                                            
>> Not true.  The Warp System is from a different company.. they just happen  
>> to be in contact with the makes of the LightEngine, Newton's Law etc etc.. 
>> Until the WARP System supports Lightwave or vise versa it is useless.      
>>                                                                            
>Agreed, it may be the most powerful render entgine on the planet, but if     
>there is no support from software companies and support for those            
>companies from the manufacturer, then it's only so many expensive chips      
>of etched silicon...                                                         
>                                                                             
>                                                                             
>Scott                                                                        
>[email-masked]                                                           

It is my understanding, that the LightEngine IS LightWave compatible, in    
that, you run the LightEngine then load your LightWave scene (into          
LightEngine)... and render. (go get a cup of coffee, come back, and your    
30 second animation is done. ;-))                                           
                                                                            
Newton's Law works the same. You load your scene, add mass to objects, add  
gravity to world, etc..... I'm not sure if the stand alone version then     
renders the scene or it just creates another scene file for LightWave to    
render.                                                                     
                                                                            
This is from a telephone conversation with U.S.Cybernetics and some info    
they faxed me.                                                              
                                                                            
Regards,                                                                    
     Ed
[email-masked]